Saturday, November 24, 2012

More updates?

Wow. I should really write more often. It seems like I spend most of my time surfing mindlessly through Facebook, playing Minecraft, and other such meaningless things. Though I have been working quite a bit on a few films and scripts, one of which I will (hopefully) be filming next week. The two main ones I've been working on are the big feature length film, and a horror film. The horror film is, well... scary. It involves a guy getting back at his best friend for stealing his girlfriend, but they all end up getting killed by a serial killer. I would say more, but... I don't want to spoil the plot, since I will be making that this year, and hope to show it in my town's annual Film Festival. It will probably take a while to make it, since it's about 20 minutes long, and I have yet to start filming it, let alone knowing where we will be filming... But, on a positive note, I will hopefully have a soundtrack and musical score for it, compliments of a friend and his band (you guys ARE going to help, right, Recoil?). As for the other film... I have modified the story quite a bit. Whereas it started out as a vampire story, then became a demon story... It is now about witches. It still has the magic stuff, but an entirely new plot. In a short summary, a witch is running away after committing a terrible crime, so she hides out in the main character (literally. She possesses her). After a little while, she accidentally kills a cheerleader, and the police, the cheerleaders boyfriend, and his best friend, get involved, trying to find the perpetrator. Meanwhile, a few mages are looking for the witch, and come to the town. One of them teams up with the boyfriend, saying he knows how the girl was killed. Also meanwhile, the best friend and the main girl become a couple (wish I could explain in more detail). After a little while, the boyfriend tries to kill the main character, the mage shows up to witness it, and a huge fight scene commences, resulting in the capture of the witch. And... That's pretty much the story. Still working on it, and it will probably be partially rewritten again, but... I like it. And unfortunately it's gonna take a lot to make it. Probably not going to even start on it till next school year, at the VERY earliest.

Anyways. This is supposed to be an update, right? So... How about I get back on topic?

Life has been good. My family is using my name and pronouns a lot more, and they are getting pretty good at it now. I am doing okay in my classes (well.....), and am starting to look at colleges. Particularly colleges with good film programs (thinking of Bellevue...), seeing as I plan to have a film career after high school. I mean, I feel like I was MADE to do this! Video production is fast becoming my life. Unfortunately for me... It's a lot easier to write a film than it is to actually make it (film and edit it). Especially when the film is over 10 minutes long. And has a bunch of special effects.

Other than that... I am preparing to come out to my classmates, though it won't really be a coming out, so much as a "Things are going to be...different, tomorrow. Just roll with it," then come to school the next day wearing somewhat feminine clothes and a touch of makeup. It should be interesting to see if and how people will react... Oh, almost forgot: it will happen December 12th to the 13th. On the 12th I will give the heads up, and the 13th will be my first day out and about in school.

Wish me luck! (even though it's about 3 weeks away)

1 comment:

  1. You should have had a spoiler warning, Jenna. x(

    I'm excited about the special effects though. hehe

    ~Rei

    ReplyDelete