Thursday, December 13, 2012

It's official!

A lot has happened this week.

Tuesday was my last day presenting as a guy.

Wednesday:
My classmates were notified that I would be attending school as Jennifer from now on. My mom and I went to a hairdresser, who we've known for years, and she did my hair (highlights and a slight trimming - it turned out great!), then we (both my parents and myself) went to Auburn and got my name legally changed.  My  mom and I then went shopping at Fred Meyers and Plato's Closet, where I got a bunch of bras, flannel shirts, a few pairs of nice jeans, and a good fleece jacket. We later went and saw the high school winter choir concert, where I was greeted rather warmly by those that know me.

Today (Thursday):
I went to school and (the best part) experienced no harassment. None. Basically, not a single f*** was given today. Sure, there were a few slip-ups with name and pronouns, but that's to be expected. After school, some friends and I went to get my eyebrows done (they look great!), then went to the South Hill mall for a little shopping (didn't get much for myself - just two v-necks), and then came back home.

This was all a LOT more exciting than I make it sound, and trust me, I could have made it sound pretty darn exciting. But, frankly, I'm too tired to do so. It's been a long, exciting, and exhausting few days, and I have school tomorrow. So you will just have to deal with this summary. And you will be happy with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment