Monday, June 24, 2013

Summer!!!

Yay summer!... Not that what we're having in the PNW right now can be considered summer. Clouds. Clouds everywhere. Well, we did have a few sunny days last week, one of which I spent at Deep Lake with a friend and a few of her friends. There were two great parts of that trip: I got to play Magic with a bunch of other people in a non-tournament setting, and it was the first day that I had ever worn a bikini top. I was pretty nervous at first, considering that I think of myself as a bit overweight, but everything was fine, and I actually felt comfortable exposing nearly my entire torso (having been used to just taking off my shirt and jumping in the water kinda helped in that regard).

Anyways.

Since school got out for the summer, I've had alternately boring and packed days. Between sitting at home playing Pokemon and Star Wars Battlefront 2, going out on a major summer shopping trip w/ my mom, getting my name and gender marker changed on my social security card.... It's been, well, interesting. Oh, and I even had a date on the 15th!

Going into more detail...
The date went pretty well, as far as first dates go. We went and had breakfast at Charlie's, right by Pete's Pool. It was a pretty good breakfast, both the food and the conversation. Isaac is a rather interesting and kinda funny character. While we haven't seen each other since (he's been car shopping for almost two weeks now), we've been talking occasionally. And every time I think of him, it feels like my heart skips a beat and my stomach fills with butterflies. I'm pretty sure I like him; I just hope he feels the same.
Last week my mom and I went up to Seattle to see my doc for a follow-up appointment to check how my blood work went. Turns out my Testosterone level was practically zero, and my Estrogen level was somewhere between 200 and 300. And the tests were done right before I had my next shot of E (which occurs every two weeks), so those are pretty good numbers. Afterward, we went across the street to Nordstrom, where I got re-fitted for a bra, then proceeded to try on nearly 20 different bras that were handed to my by the all-too-helpful clerk. I only found one that I liked that fit well, but it's a pretty darn good bra. After THAT, we drove to the South Center Mall, specifically the Plato's Closet in the area, and proceeded to spend... Well, I'll say this: if we had been shopping across the street in the mall stores, we would have spent at least five times the amount that we did, and I got several tops, shorts, and dresses out of it, including one very nice formal dress that I will be wearing to the formal dinner next week at camp. We then went to a Fred Meyer and bought me a ton of bras and the bikini that I wore to Deep Lake, and proceeded, rather tiredly, home.
Today, we went to the Puyallup DOL to 1) get my mom a new license, since she had lost hers, and 2) change the gender marker on my license. Turns out it was closed, as were pretty much every DOL in the lower Puget Sound. So we went from there to the Social Security Administrative Office in Renton (or Kent, I dunno where we were) to change my name and gender marker on my social security card. After what was probably several hours of waiting, we were called up. The rest took like 10 minutes: the guy scanned the documents, entered a ton of stuff into his computer, then told us that my new card would arrive in the mail within 4 weeks. After that, we went to a Target in Covington, got a little bit of stuff that we forgot to get the previous week, and headed home, where here I sit, writing this post.

Now, all that's left is to wait for two camps and... summer school. On the one hand, CAMP!!!! But on the other, summer school is going to suck. I have to retake TWO failed semesters of English, one each from Sophomore and Junior year. But... CAMP!!! In less than one week, I will be going to my true home, my Heaven-on-Earth, my favorite place in the whole Universe: Pilgrim Firs! (Un)fortunately, camp only lasts a week, but I hope that it's enough time to catch up with my friends, make new ones, and have a ton of fun. Then, sometime in mid-July, I'm going to the Reel Queer Youth Film Camp in the Seattle area, which also lasts a week. It's pretty self explanatory: it's a film camp for queer youth. Other than that... I don't know much about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment