Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Intellectual Transition

I find it kind of funny how, back when was in elementary and middle school, my teachers would always tell me how smart I was, and that I would do great things in and with my life.

If only they knew.

Yes, I am quite smart, with an estimated IQ around 130, I'm in AP Calculus as a Junior, and I skipped a grade (I'm 15, almost 16). Not to brag or anything. But, if you compare my brain activity and capacity to my grades... You will find that there is something missing. My dad is always complaining that I've got so much brain, but I never show it, especially in my schoolwork. No, my homework habits are so bad, I failed a semester of English last year, and nearly failed the second, as well as the full year of AP Bio. Ironic how I'm so good at math, and yet I suck at science and English. Even more ironic is how creative I can be when it comes to writing, as well as just expressing myself (this blog). Heck, I managed to come up with the idea for a feature length film in only a couple days of bouncing ideas off of my friends.

Guess what? More irony is to come! Back in the third grade, I took a test that was supposed to help tell if I was a "gifted" student or not (belonging in advanced classes, such as an AP class). I scored pretty well overall, but in the "Creativity" section... I got a nine percent. NINE PERCENT. Then you look at me now, and what I've done and made... Remember that feature length film I talked about earlier? Yeah. Well, that idea was, and still is, a stroke of pure genius. I have only received positive reviews on it.

The irony never ends, does it; in the way of doing great things with and in my life, well... Here I am, transitioning to a female gender presentation.

Speaking of which...

Today, my mother and I went up to Seattle, for several reasons. The main two being to see my doc about getting my Estrogen prescription, and my psych for, well, just to catch up and talk. The other reason we were there was to shop, of course.

We went up to Seattle in time to see Michelle Obama's motorcade pass up on southbound I-5, as we were heading north towards the city center. Once we arrived, I tried parking in one of the various parking garages. Let's just say there is now a new scratch on the rear bumper... Anyways, we got out and headed up to the lobby, near street level. We had some time to kill, so we went to a Barnes & Noble nearby, where we were greeted at the door by a rather good-looking man. "Good morning, ladies." I was so ecstatic when he said that, as I had NO chest, and was only wearing skinny jeans, a flowing silk shirt, and had a ponytail. Then again, maybe I shouldn't have been surprised.

The appointment with the doc went pretty well. All we did was briefly discuss what would happen while I was taking Estrodial, then he wrote out the prescription for it, to give to whichever pharmacy we would use. Not much else really happened. But what came AFTER the appointment... Was probably the best thing my mom and I could have done. We went bra shopping at the Nordstrom near his office!! Both of us got fitted, and I am about a 32A, with a lot of padding. Granted, my bust will eventually fill out, and I think I may end up with a B cup, but hey. For now, I'm happy with the bra I've got.

After getting my first bra, we went to the Value Village in Capital Hill (Seattle), where I finally got to see what trying things on with a bust was like. I'll tell you, breasts make a WORLD of difference, especially with tops. Trying things on while flat, versus trying things on with a chest... Man, I really could see the difference, and it was a GOOD difference.

Anyways... I got several rather cute shirts, and a couple nice sweaters, out of it, for only about $4 each. After paying, I drove us all the way back to good ole Enumclaw, and we stopped at the High School,  where I attended the last half hour of the GSA meeting. While wearing one of my new shirts, skinny jeans, the new bra, and rocking a ponytail. Never felt better in my life.

Other than that... Today was rather calm. Didn't really do anything, once we got home. Well, except write on this blog, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment