Saturday, October 20, 2012

Making up for lost time

Sorry for the lack of recent posts, you guys. I've just been so stressed, dealing with daily life and my eventual coming out to my school. Speaking of which...

Earlier last week, I got a text from one of my friends (who I'm out to), giving an account of something she had seen. In her class, several guys were huddled around an iPhone, staring at it. One of them was trying to convince the others that what they were staring at (my Facebook profile) wasn't faked. They all thought that someone had Photoshopped some pictures of my male self and posted them on a fake profile (I had posted a bunch of self-portrait photos). Anyways, it went on like that for a little bit, with none of them being convinced. As soon as I heard about it, I freaked out, in the sense that I basically just shut down. I just couldn't pay attention in class. Eventually, during lunch, we (she and I) talked to the principal, to see what we should do. The answer was pretty bleak: just let it happen. People were gonna find out anyways.

Anyways...

Just this past Wednesday, I started on my Estrogen pills, as well as celebrating my 16th birthday. But the best part weren't the material presents or the hormones; the best part was that my dad didn't mind, and he has started calling me Jennifer, and using female pronouns, to the point where nobody has yet to correct him, as he corrects himself. And, just the other day, my entire school, and the two middle schools in town, received training for dealing with a trans* student and any bullying they get. The best part? It seemed that everyone was willing to get the training.

As for the rest of what has been going on... Not much has, actually. Other than working on some film stuff, doing homework, and acting normal. For film, though... Next year in Advanced Video, we are still going to be using the same grading system, where we make a film in 1 of 10 categories (must use 6 categories each semester, and needs 6 films total). Well, next year, I won't have to make 12 films. As long as I get my big movie filmed and edited on time for each time we screen a film (only going to edit a couple scenes worth or so for each screening), I have something to present. And I will still get credit! Even better, though, is the fact that I am starting to get the hang of the WHOLE film making process, from start to finish, which shall prove most beneficial next year. For now, though, I shall just stick to making small films, and writing the script for my movie (I have dubbed it "Inner Demons").

No comments:

Post a Comment