Friday, September 7, 2012

Movie Magic

Well, the second week of my Junior year has come and gone, and things are going as well as they can, I guess. And, although we haven't really don't much in history, calc, and english, we've already done a lab or two in chemistry (didn't have to tie my hair back; not yet, anyways). However, the best thing, in my mind, that I did this week was in my video productions class. See, in the beginners class, you get credit just for putting some footage together in a coherent pattern. Well, in the advanced classed, the one I'm in, we actually have to make good movies. REALLY good movies. Which is what I've been working on all this week. Well, at least the scripts for said movies, anyways. The script I'm thinking of is something I started last year, in the beginners class, but never really got around to finishing, until this year. Well, it went from being a 5-10 minute movie into a 15-20 minute movie. And, though the plot didn't really turn out any differently than I really thought it would, I surprised myself: when I showed it to a couple people, they were so surprised at how life-like it was. All the suspense, emotions, etc... Especially when they got to the end. Like in every horror/suspense movie (yes, this movie is going to be a horror/suspense), the ending is always shocking, and I tried to do my best to make it a good ending. Not necessarily happy, just good. Dramatic. Cliffhanging. Granted, I still had some minor corrections to make, I think it turned out great. Now, the trick is just to find a film crew and some actors... I will try to upload the video somewhere on here as soon as it's done, but no guaranties.

2 comments:

  1. Love this, just sat here and read this for the second time today. Can't wait until you right again. Glad I had math with you last year! You are AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete