Saturday, September 8, 2012

Running Away

Well, today I ran away. Kind of. Granted, I didn't get far, since my dad caught up with me about two miles from our house. So, we talked for, like, an hour or so, when my mom came down too. After a couple minutes, I finally got in her car, and went home. but not before going to a local produce store for some food. Basically, over the last two years, since I came out, my dad had been acting like it was all a joke, a phase. Which isn't really understandable, considering we learn at an early age the differences in gender presentation and gender roles, and, when it's "decided" (for lack of a better word) what gender you really are, you know for certain who and what you are. Granted, it usually takes a bit of exploring said gender orientation, but you get there.

Well, my plan for running away wasn't really a plan. I was really just hoping to crash at a friends house for a day or so, while things simmered down, both in me and at home. Well, my parents soon convinced me otherwise. At least my dad and I are almost on the same page, now. Granted, he's stilled opposed to my transition, especially while in high school (he actually requested that I stay male in school till I graduate. The nerve!). Granted, I can understand his reasoning, which is so that I don't get bullied, but, I mean, those experiences will (hopefully) strengthen me, and make me a better person! I mean, in middle school, I was still bouncing around everyone, seemingly carefree, even though I was tormented daily. Once at home, though, I sulked. A lot. I was almost bordering on depression when I finally transferred out of that hell-hole. Well, at least my dad still loves me enough to not want me to go through that again. And he doesn't have much hope that I will make and keep friends once I come out at school. Ha! Considering how many of my friends I've told, and you readers, all of which have been supportive and approving of this new lifestyle... I think I've got enough support to get me through the last year and a half of high school.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Jennifer,

    Hang in there, girlfriend. It's rough, I know. And it's almost as rough on your folks as it is on you. At least you're Dad is speaking to you. I just got a card on my birthday in June from my Dad--it was the first time he's said a word to me since I came out 4 years ago.

    I envy you having parents you can talk to. I wish I had been as strong as you are when I was your age.

    ReplyDelete