Monday, August 27, 2012

Vacation

As you may notice by this post, I am back home from vacation. And what a vacation it was!

Well, our family went to Yellowstone and back, including a day trip to Silverwood Theme Park, in about 8 days (left sunday, got back the following sunday). And I gotta say, I had a great time.

Day 1.
Packed up the last of the stuff in our little camping trailer and Jeep, then started down the hill. By the time we got past our neighbors house, my dad noticed the battery was acting up. And a new transmission was installed a month ago. So, we turned around, got back to our house, shifted everything in the Jeep to our Subaru, attached the trailer, and off we were. We were planning to be out the door by about eight o'clock. We finally left around 8:30.

Day 2.
After sleeping a night at Farragut State Park, My mom, sis, and I went to Silverwood for a couple hours, where we rode the coasters, swam the waves, and generally had a good time. Except that I stored my stuff in a locker, to which I lost the key. Spent about an hour talking to the staff trying to get into my locker. The only other thing that happened, though, was the fear that my breasts (if you can call them that) would be so noticeable at the swim beach area. I mean, I'm pretty skinny (well, relatively speaking), and it would look weird for a skinny guy to have man-boobs. Thankfully, my panic attack was for nought, seeing as I don't even have enough to classify as large-ish pectoral muscles.

Day 3.
We packed up the morning after Silverwood and left fairly early in the morning. I.e. before nine. We finally pulled into the West Yellowstone KOA around... six or seven at night, I think. We had fun setting up our new tent, which we got yesterday, after discovering the door zipper for our other tent was broken.

Day 4 - 6.
Yellowstone National Park was, to say the least, amazing. We went to the Norris Geyser Basin, Upper, Midway, and Lower Geyser Basins, the Mammoth Hot Springs, and a bit more. Basically, we saw a bunch of geysers, hot springs, mud pots, fumaroles, and bison. Lots of bison. Including a family of about seven that crossed the Fishing Bridge (over the Yellowstone River) just to get to the grassy hill on the other side. On the sixth day, we went to Old Faithful, where we saw the geyser erupt about 3 times, and even ate really great food at the restaurant in the Old Faithful Inn. I had quail, my dad had bison pot roast, and my mom had some elk medallions. All of which was delicious.

Day 7.
We packed up early and headed out, intending to camp in a National Forest in eastern Montana. We ended up arriving at a KOA in Spokane at around five in the afternoon, at which we (my sis and I) went swimming in the provided swimming pool. Even better, they were showing the movie "RV" (Robin Williams, Josh Hutcherson, Jeff Daniels...), to which most of our family knew the lines to. However, since we had packed the DVD for it, along with a two-screen DVD player that attaches to the back of the front seat headrests, we didnt watch it. We did that the next day.

Day 8.
Got packed up in record time, and on the road before 8:45 A.M. Around the time we were getting to the Cascade foothills, I put "RV" into the player, and my sis and I watched. With much laughs. We got home around 1:30 in the afternoon, and discovered that our yellow lab puppy had learned to sit on the furnature while we were away.


We also discovered that school starts this coming Wednesday. FML. I need some new shoes and jeans, my schedule, ASB card... the whole nine yards. Why? Well, we missed the orientation days, so now I don't know what to get for my classes. Ah well, at least we get to go and get some of the supplies today or tomorrow. Talk about last minute school shopping...

Well, I will try to update this regularly during the school year. Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment