Thursday, August 16, 2012

Working with Dad

Well, today was pretty uneventful. The sun was shining, the sky was blue, the heat was hot... Basically, your non-typical summer day in the Pacific Northwest. Well, I spent most of that day either indoors sleeping, on the computer, or helping my dad finish building a small trailer, which we will use in our upcoming trip to store all the big stuff that won't fit in our Jeep. Which would have been a great time for some "male" bonding, had we not been so focused on the task at hand. And speaking of bonding, my dad owes me one "I really am supportive, I just don't understand it" talk. Which, I believe, is the cause of a note that I wrote earlier last week. I mentioned it in my first post (I think), but it bears mentioning again. Basically, one night early last week, I was in a state of mind bordering between almost manic sadness (not quite depression yet) and rage. Which was mainly directed out my father. While in this emotional state, I poured my thoughts, anger, and sadness onto a poor scrap of paper. Which including many statements along the lines of "why am I like this?", "why can't I just be a normal girl?", and "what did I do to deserve this?". One question that must have really struck home, when my mom found it and showed it to my dad, was: why does my own father not love me? Well, one can only guess how he felt about that. Unfortunately, I have not had the chance to let him clarify, which I really hope to do before our trip next week. Speaking of which, more than likely, I will not be posting anything until I get back, which should be around the 26th or 27th.

So, until then (or sooner) I will be seeing you!

No comments:

Post a Comment